Tuesday, July 16, 2013

Cut down cal's with DRY CURDS!

People have been asking me for meal ideas on how to cut down calories without sacrificing protein or taste. For me this one doesn't apply but it actually makes me wish I could tolerate dairy. If I could, I would eat Dry Curds everyday. What are dry curds you may ask???

Well dry curds live in it's trendy cousin's shadow, cottage cheese. Have you ever read the nutritional information on cottage cheese and dry curds? I was shocked! I never would have discovered them if I hadn't been looking for way to increase Brett's protein for his meal plan. Here's the breakdown:

1 cup
Dry Curds
Cottage Cheese
Calories
200
200
Fat
1
4
Sodium
30
840
Protein
36
28

Fact are facts and it looks like dry curds wins this battle hands down and there are so many great things you can do with them. You can mix them in with your oatmeal, add them to an egg burrito or eat them on their own with some honey, berries and granola. So many ideas and I can't eat any of them!!

So there you go. A easy tip that will help keep your snacks and meals creative and high in protein. You can find dry curds in the grocery isle near it's popular cousin, cottage cheese.


Hope you enjoy your new meal ideas :)

xo

Nic


No comments:

Post a Comment