Tuesday, February 12, 2013

Lent...here we go.

Yesterday my sister came over for family day and we made an awesome dinner and spent a lot of time discussing lent. My sister has decided to give up her love of chocolate for the next 40 days and it really got me thinking. What should I do for lent?!

The first thing that came to mind was sugar. I don't know why because I don't consume a lot of sugar and when I say sugar, I mean sugar that isn't naturally occurring. That would just be ridiculous! After I debated about the idea of giving up sugar, which would mean I wouldn't get my Vegan Cupcake from Whole Foods, I turned to coffee.

I love getting settled in the morning or writing on the weekend with a good cup of coffee. I can openly admit that I use coffee as a crutch when I am hitting a slump or need a good pick me up before the gym. I know I should ween myself off coffee and switch to tea which might be a lot easier in my new work environment. Tea is the thing to drink and I can always have a Vega pre-workout drink.

My rule of thumb as you know when it comes to sticking to a goal, is sharing it with the world. It helps keep you on the straight and narrow. Today is the first day and probably the easiest because you are all gung-hoe about it but for the next 40 days, I am going coffee free (and sugar free). Leave it to me to pick two things for lent but I need to do both.

I'm excited for the Easter Long weekend when it is over to see how it went. It's fun that my sister and I are both doing it. We tried talking Brett into it but he wasn't easily persuaded. Good thing I picked up Arlene Dickinson's book Persuasion this weekend at the library. Maybe I'll be better at persuasion next year and have him on board for Lent.

I hope you all had a great long weekend. If you have given something up for lent, I'd love to know. Leave a comment and share :) It helps keep you responsible.

Nic

No comments:

Post a Comment