Thursday, December 6, 2012

Ho-Ho-Holiday Fit-Tip No. 6 - Make Substitutions

I was out for a walk with a girlfriend, who I am baking with on Sunday and we decided it would be a lot quicker to bake together. I started talking about substitutions and how we could replace butter for margarine or unsweetened applesauce or sugar for Stevia to keep the calories down. She laughed a little and said that one thing she wouldn't be doing is substitutions. Not with Christmas baking was her response.

With goodies being exchanged in Christmas baskets or hiding in the coffee room at work and on every table when you attend a party. It makes sense to cut calories. This brings me to Fit-tip number 6 - Make Substitutions.  

Your friends may not care that you are making a conscious effort to eat better and may not agree with leaving a pound of butter out of your grandmas recipe but with all the healthy options available it makes sense. Check Pinterest! The information is there at your fingertips.

For me I am dedicated to my journey and I am sharing these tips to help you understand that you can make substitutions and not sacrifice your waistline or taste.

Enjoy your cookies and remember that they are just cookies.

Nicole

No comments:

Post a Comment