Saturday, December 15, 2012

Ho-Ho-Holiday Fit-Tip No. 15 - Get sleep!

With the holidays comes a crazy schedule. Right now I am in the middle or packing our apartment in Victoria and getting ready for the move on Monday morning. Today I took a break from packing and hit the gym and then got back to business.  I was slowly going a little nuts going through old boxes of stuff and trying to downsize and decided to go to bed.

As I was lying in bed I realized I hadn't posted my fit-tip today and it hit me. Today's fit-tip should be about rest. This brings me to my Fit-Tip No. 15 - Get Sleep. Yes, there are lots of reasons not to sleep...had to wrap, bake an extra batch of cookies, clean the house, the list goes on but sleep should be on that list.

You are not at your best when you are running on empty whether it be food or sleep. The holidays will be much more enjoyable if you are rested. This doesn't necessarily mean getting 8 solid hours but at least 6 to 7 or take a cat nap! Trust me, the extra 20 minutes will do wonders for your health!

Ho-ho-helping you stay sane over the holidays!

Nicole

No comments:

Post a Comment