Saturday, October 13, 2012

Yes, I love Whole Foods that much! Don't judge.

As most of you know, on Wednesday, I had a small chunk of skin cut out of my back (right near the shoulder blade) to have checked for malenoma and will have to wait 12 days for the stitches to be removed (BARF). The surgery was done exactly a month out from the Sandra Wickham Fall Classic. This with other things going on in my life has taken away from time I could be spending in the gym but has also given me more of an appreciation for what I can do. There are so many people that have struggles in their life that don't allow them to get in their car, drive to the gym, train really hard and drive home. The fact that I have the ability to train is something I have learned to appreciate even more since Wednesday.
Going to the gym always puts me in a better mood. Even when I really really don't want to go, I feel better once I'm there. Right now I should be jacking up my cardio and getting my weight sessions in but I haven't been sleeping very well the last three nights because I can't find a comfortable position and I find myself a little on the dizzy in the mornings. I've gone to the gym twice and walked on the treadmill for an hour just to burn some calories but I find I fatigue quickly. My body is telling me to take it easy. But my heart is disappointed.
I have worked SO HARD the last 8 weeks with my 5:15 am and 5 pm gym sessions, eating well and getting lots of rest that it is frustrating I can't be doing what I feel I need to be doing this close to competition. For me this is not just a hobby, this is something I am passionate about and being a competitive person I don't want to be at home sitting on the side lines. I want to be where the action is. At the gym. I want to be running stairs, squatting a heavy set and SWEATING! I love sweating. It's the feeling of accomplishment. It's sexy to sweat.
I'm going to give myself to Monday and then I'm going to start doing some band work and light weights and when I said light I mean the 5 pounders....My water jug probably weights that much. It's all about having a plan and I did have a plan for myself ahead of time but I have to listen to my body and I still have time. If I give myself until Monday that leaves me more than 3 weeks to tighten up and kill some major cardio and weights.
I should be getting excited and I have lots to look forward to. Focus on the positive. Yesterday I sent my old suit to Colleen (The Suit Lady) who will be making my suit for the competition. Last year I picked a pre-made suit at the Olympia and Colleen altered it for me but this year she is making it from scratch! I got to pick out everything for the suit from the connectors (the bling for the straps) and the color....which will remain a surprise until I hit the stage. My makeup with Jordan K is booked and we discussed the look I'm going for.. Barbie of course! And I've decided on how I am going to do my hair...well Brett decided what he thought would help me win. Love him!
Now is the fun part of all the hard work but its also the time to push hard. The meals get tighter and the workouts getter harder and that requires a lot of mental strength because your body is low energy but you have to push everyday to win and picture yourself on stage.
For those of you who have followed me for awhile you know I am a stronger believer in visualization and I am starting to mentally prepare myself and everything for the day of and how I will look on stage, my posing and having FUN! That is what this is all about for me is having fun. Yes I am very competitive but it doesn't mean I can't make friends and be friendly backstage. You can't take life too seriously. Some of the girls do but I am who I am and I will befriend anyone back stage! Just come say hi!!!
I'm also excited to see my B3 girls and a bunch of other girls who I have made friends with. It will be a backstage possy - you know who you are! Positivity only!
I am still looking to find work in Vancouver but I have had a few bites and will be over in the next few weeks to do some interviews. Keep your fingers crossed people! Brett got into his program for January which is amazeballs and we are looking at an amazing apartment in Vancouver right near WHOLE FOODS! Holla! I better make the big bucks....I'll be shopping at Save-On and maybe buying the occasional treat from Whole Foods. It is one of the reasons I'm stoked to be moving back to Vancouver. Yes, I love WF's that much.
The building we are looking at renting has an amazing gym in it and it will be great to train whenever. I can literally just take the elevator down and be at the gym = Amazeballs!
Anyways, I have lots to be thankful for and hopefully the results will come back negative from my surgery thing. I've got to stay positive and be thankful for everything even these life lessons. What I've realized is that these types of situations make us stronger and appreciate what we are able to do on a daily basis and how much effort some people go through to do simple tasks through out the day.
Be thankful for everything! Happy Saturday.

Eat. Train. Sleep. Heal. Repeat.

Nic out!
xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment