Monday, October 29, 2012

Unpublished post from last year...This ones for you GG!

It's been almost two weeks now since my competition and I definitley struggled adjusting to my post competition life. It's a very weird transition going from weighing your food everyday and your life revoloving around baggies of food and going to the gym 4 hours a day to having the freedom of and off season. Some people don't take "off seasons" but I strongly believe that your body needs it. Nothing too extreme of course of else you will experience the sensation of the dredded yo-yo diet but for my it's really just about balance.

I like to balance my off season but eating lots of fruits and veggies and treating myself to dinners with friends and family but still order my dressing on the side. It's habit now and when it comes to training I enjoy training on my own. I understand that it is impossible to maintain my competition weight and I don't feel like doing 2 hours of cardio a day when I'm not required to. It is also important for your body to have a break phyiscially because if you don't when you go to increase you workouts and your cardio your body won't repsond because you have continued to work it as hard as you were in the weeks leading up to the competition. 

I know my body the best and what I need to do to get it to where I need to and this second prep really helped me understand that. My training programs right now I am designing and I have decided that I am going to do 4 days of heavy weights and 2 days of light cardio. For my next competition I really want to have added some serious muscle and keep my cardio down now so that when I go into the month before BC's in June I can really lean out. I feel confident in my plan and I will start easing into my contest prep in terms of meal plans and training at the beginning of March. This will put me 16 weeks out from competition and loads of time to train. 

The last few weeks have been quite a rollercoaster minus my ups and downs for training I have been going through a lot outside of my fitness bubble. The weekend after my competition my boyfriend and I went on a little 5 day get away to Victoria to visit my bestie Jess and her husband Rob and to scope out Victoria. The weather was gorgeous and we spent lots of time wondering around downtown, driving around and scoping out golf courses and fine dining. It was great to spend time together and it was the first time we had gone out for a romantic dinner since we started date. No bagged chicken allowed. We also took in and eat several cupcakes from my favorite cupcakery, Pink Sugar on Fort street. They are dairy free and egg free and freaking delicious.

When we got back from Victoria, Brett was schedule to have his wisdom teeth pulled and that went well and is recovering well. But after Brett's surgery, I got news that my grandma wasn't doing well and that my dad had planned for a music therapist to come in on Tuesday night and play the guitar for her and my whole family. My family and my dad's brothers family all arrived at the hospital at 4 o'clock and it was a room full of tears and hugs. My grandma had been uncoherient for a few days but she knew we were there because we would all take turns sitting with her and holding her hand. Meghan, the music therapist showed up a little after four and brought her guitar and a book full of songs. My grandma was a huge hockey fan and she started with a classic, "The Good old Hockey Game" and we were all crying and smiling and remembering. She continued playing and we all continued enjoying the music and took turns sitting with her. It was a beautiful thing to share with my family.

....that's all I wrote that day...and never published this. My grandma was my world and this competition is for your GG! Love you my special one and miss you every day.

LOVE LOVE

nic

No comments:

Post a Comment