Tuesday, October 23, 2012

I have the pulse of an athlete...the Doc said so!

Well, the last 3 and a half weeks have been full of hurdles. First I lost my job, then I had surgery, my partner had a health scare all while training. I feel like I've learned a lot about myself and that I am very lucky to have such amazing friends and family. I've also learned that Brett and I will be able to work together to overcome any changes we face and have become closer because of everything hat has happened over the last month.
The one thing I have learned is that positivity and the fake it till you make it attitude has defintely helped. Competing and having an outlet to help drive me each day and to push me to be the best has also helped. Working towards a goal at this point is exactly what I need to light a fire under my butt and with less than 18 sleeps, I am dreaming about each day and everything I need to do before I hit the stage.
This week I had my stitches out and the scar isn't that bad and I'm getting my suit!!!! Don't get too excited people, you will have to wait for the big reveal on November 10th to see the chosen color. I have to keep some suspense! Next week I'm getting my hair did. It doesn't look so bad when I have it down thanks to the hair craze "ombre" but when it goes back into a ponytail...hello roots! I love getting my hair done. It is the one thing I really consider a treat for myself.
This weekend my boyfriend's parents are coming over for a visit and dropping off our new wheels, an 88 Volvo = sweet stuff! It will be nice to see them and have a visit. I haven't seen them since we were in Phoenix! Oh Phoenix how I love you. I wish I was laying by the pool right now....Anyways....
I posted something the other day about my blood pressure being 90/44 with a pulse of 35 and a few people were quite alarmed and I decided that when I got my stitches out I would check with the doctor. I explained to him about my training and my meal plan and he said that I had the pulse of an athlete. He said that if I had a pulse in the 30's and was 80 it would be alarming but with everything I'm doing it's understandable. That being said, he then wrote up a doctors note for me to go have my blood tested....EWW!  I'll be pushing that to tomorrow...
The days are slowly counting down but it's important to still enjoy the journey. I have come so far and at some points I didn't think I would be able to get here but through perseverance and a great support system I have pushed myself to where I am today.  Training can be lonely and yesterday it took me an hour and a half to get to the gym but as soon as I was there and plugged in to my music, it's like I'm transported to this different place and everything washes away. I get into this deep zone and I'm committed to my workout, to each movement and taking my time to ensure I did my best. At the end of the day that is all that matters.
I am a very competitive person by nature but when it comes to competing, you can only compete against yourself. If you cheat, you are cheating yourself. If you miss a workout, you are cheating yourself. If you nibble on this and that, you are cheating YOURSELF! I am very supportive of all my friends that compete and I love meeting everyone and that it just part of the journey and at the end of the day, I've done all I can do and I have to leave it in the judges hands. I am doing this for me. Because I love the challenge and the discipline and I LOVE fitness. To see how far I've brought my body over the last 9 weeks is amazing to me. I fit back into my jeans and clothes just fit better and that means more than any number on the scale. And more importantly, I feel AMAZING and I wish that for everyone. It may not be competing that makes you feel that way, but I hope that whatever it is, cooking, shooting hoops, yoga, that you have something that makes you feel this good.

Here's to the final 3 weeks!
Nic Out

xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment