Sunday, September 30, 2012

My thighs are no longer friends...

Saturday was my midway point. I began my journey 12 weeks out and as of Saturday I was 6 weeks in or 6 weeks out, depending if you are a glass half full or glass half empty type person. After taking my photos I decided it was time to share my transformation. After a very long off season and committing to competing at Sandra Wickham I had 12 weeks to put my noise to the pavement and adjust to my new crazy schedule. Up at 5:15, gym at 5:30, home by 7, work til 5:00, back to the gym at 5:30 and in bed at 9:30. Needless to say I see my man a lot in passing but he is busy and we make time for each other. I couldn't do this without him.
Training this time feels surreal. I am going through the motions of pushing my body past when it says it's tired and eat what my plan dictates but it still doesn't feel real. The first few weeks were frustrating because it took a while for me to notice results and to be honest I still feel like my body hasn't changed that much even with the scale saying I've already dropped 13 plus pounds. Looking at my 12 week photos and comparing them to now I can see I have come a long way but I still have a little ways to go.
The next 6 weeks will be very important to getting stage ready. With up-ing cardio and acting a little carb depleted life gets more and more challenging. All by choice of course. I live for this stuff. I am a competitive person by nature and having a goal that demands this type of self discipline and dedication is something that really challenges me and something I enjoy. Fitness has always been apart of my life but being involved in such a unique way has really changed my life. It all started in 2010 when I met IFFB Pro Natalie Waples who changed my life and competing is something that drives passion into everything I do.
In life, finding something that you are passion about is tres important. This thing may or might not be your job but an activity outside of work. Some people love their jobs but are passionate about their hobbies. For me, I love sales and I am good at what I do and my job challenges me and I am constantly learning and developing but I am also very passionate about people and fitness and my blog and training is an outlet for that. I feel so blessed to be where I am, growing as a person and I love sharing my experiences with others and it feels good to write how I'm feeling or what's going on in my head.
Writing also helps keep me on track because sometimes training can cause you to feel alone because you are always going to and from the gym and being strict on bed times or what your eating. It can definitely limit your social life if you let it. There is that famous saying, everything in moderation and it's true! I try really to make the best of every situation and surround myself with people that support what I do. I can go out for dinner and dessert with my friends except my choices will just be different but it doesn't mean I'm not drooling over your steak or chocolate layer cake...I am 100% happy with my decisions.
The next six weeks are going to be challenge and test my strength but I feel confident with the support system that I have that I will be able to finish strong. I am mentally starting to visualize myself on stage and practicing my posing and organizing tanning, picking a suit, getting my hair done and preparing for the trip to Vancouver which will be interesting. I can't forget anything! Anyways, here is to the next six weeks! Thanks for all your support and nice messages and of course my transformation pictures! Can you believe the changes?! Oh man, I can't believe I'm posting this......

Have a great Sunday afternoon.  Train. Eat. Sleep. REPEAT!

Nic out!

xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment