Wednesday, August 1, 2012

How did I get here?!

Today I was at the gym and in the middle of my cardio, I had a thought. How did I get here?! My alarm had gone off and the next thing I knew I was on the treadmill. It's like a teleported myself to the gym. I felt like I was still half asleep which isn't a good thing when you are working out. You should be fully involved and feeling the muscles are you are in the moment. I guess it is more important to be awake when you are doing weights vs. cardio though.

I haven't started my training yet. On September 1st I will be 12 weeks out but I asked my coach Leigh Brandt if I could start a few weeks early to get back into a routine and one that I am comfortable and that works with my schedule. I really like routine and now that I feel that I am ready to start competing again, my mind is slowly starting to mentally prepare as well. When I am at work and feeling kind of tired I start visiualling myself at the gym doing my workout and I start to get more and more antsy and motivated to get to the gym. The same goes for when my alarm goes off in the morning. I think how comfty my bed is and how 15 more minutes would be amazaballs, but missing a workout isn't worth it. I feel so good after I go to the gym and once you start going and get it a habit it's hard to stop.
Yesterday I did an awesome leg and butt workout and when I was stretching a lady I see all the time at the gym came up to me and said "I hope you don't mind, but I am going to steal that last move you did. I always have trouble activating my glutes and that looked like a great workout!" It was such a nice gesture that she came and told me that and it turns out that she competed in Sandra Wickham last year! What a small world!? We talked for awhile about competing and I think I made a new friend. She is always at the gym. Morning or night. She trains at 5:30 am so there is no excuse for me not to be there...talk about motivation! We are going to have morning cardio dates at 5:30 and run stairs together.
Now that I have my morning cardio buddy, I am even more excited to start training. This week I will be sending my photos to my trainer as a starting point. I'll send her my weight, what I've been doing for training and what my food has been like. I'm nervous about taking my photos at this point. I know I have a lot of muscle underneath and after a few weeks of clean eating and a regular routine I will start to see my body change. The thing that is different for me this time is that I am so relaxed about competing and I know that I have lots of time to prep and that I will be ready because I have lots of support at the gym and at home and that my coach will be there 100% of the way.

If 100 people like this, I will post my first batch of photos.........

Happy Hump Day!

Yours in health and fitness,

Nic
xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment