Monday, June 4, 2012

I'll start on Monday...

It's been seven months since I last competed and a lot has happened since then. I've moved cities, changed jobs and moved in with my boyfriend. I was maintaining my off season weight until a few months ago when the number on the scale kept going up and I couldn't figure out why. After reaching my breaking point I went and saw my doctor. I didn't understand why I was more than 145lb. For those of you that know me you probably wouldn't have guessed I was almost pushing 150.

After doing some tests and having all the results come back fine, I was even more discouraged that I hadn't been able to maintain my off season weight. My doctor began asking more questions and once she learned about the the change she said my body was stressed. I didn't feel stressed at all but my body did. It's been about a month since I went to the doctor and the weight is slowing, yes slowing coming off. My goal is to find a happy balance in my off season and now that life is starting to become more balance, I am thinking I want to compete again late this year or next year. My second place at the Sandra Wickham Fall Classic allows me two years to compete in the BC Championships. Next June seems so far considering the BC's haven't even taken place this year.

My goal over the next year to put on muscle and train 4 times a week. I really enjoy playing golf and we recently joined a golf club so I've been spending more time on the course after work or on the weekends which makes scheduling my training at the gym difficult as I have to work around when my chest and back are a little sore due to a workout. Balancing everything and finding time to do all the things you want to do can be a challenge for sure. I've started getting up at 5:30 and going to the gym at 6 which is really nice because it's quiet and I feel so good for the rest of the day. I'm hoping that I can get my body really use to going to the gym at 5:30 while its bright out so I can continue this routine right through the winter.

I think the greatest challenge when you want to make a change in losing weight or gaining muscle or eating better is that it is just a goal and no one is counting on you to achieve that goal except yourself and I know for me, it doesn't feel like enough. It seems that we are not enough to create the will power to avoid eating something we should because we can always "start" again on Monday. I found myself very driven when I knew that other people were counting on me or picturing myself standing on stage in a bikini. That visual really helped and once I got into a routine, it didn't seem to phase me. The temptations weren't there because I never wanted them.

Another challenge is living with your partner. Brett is very supportive and met me when I first started training for a competition and I had only ever eaten baggies of chicken and asparagus and never said one word. Now that we are living together and I'm not competing I find myself being very flexible with my meal plan. A little treat here a little snack there. I'm sure if I told him I was going to eat a certain way he'd be find with it. I'm just struggling with eating whatever to eating chicken and asparagus. I just want to eat normally and not constantly be thinking about eating clean and just do it. Being in the car all day sometimes doesn't help either especially since I'm a bored eater. I've been drinking more water instead of eating when I'm bored in the car. It's all about balance and I'm determined to find it and I feel like writing will help me with my new journey.

I am all for enjoying life, but I'm also all for fitting into my skinny jeans. Here is to a new journey with fitness and one I'm excited to share. Losing the lb's and my fight with stress weight! I'm sure a lot of you can empathize wth me here. Finding the balance is hard but worth it. I'll keep you posted.

Train. Eat. Live. Sleep. Repeat. (I got to focus on the living part a little)

Nic

No comments:

Post a Comment