Wednesday, November 9, 2011

You know your carb depleted when....you can't find your car

First of all I want to THANK EVERYONE for all the birthday wishes yesterday. Saturday will be the best present of all (positive thinking) and I'll get to enjoy a cupcake then but for now my eyes are on the prize in a big way. I am a very competitive person but also really enjoy motivating others so I am really happy to be apart of such a great team of Beautiful BBB girls! Shake it!!! Anyways, last night I came home to one of the nicest surprises ever. My sister spelt out Happy B-day on the wall in my room and on each post it note there was a world that when read from left to right was the birthday card. It is the sweetest and most moving thing ever. The post it  notes are a inside joke, but if you follow my blog it will make sense. My birthday was really special and I appreciate everyone's positive blessings.

Only 3 more sleeps until the Sandra Wickham show and my brain is toast. After my cardio session this morning I took my time and stretched but as I was leaving and walked into the parking lot, I couldn't remember where I had parked my car. Considering I am on day 3 of no carbs and attempting two workouts a day, I figure its excusable. But seriously. You know your carb depleted when you can't find your car...

The worst part about taking my time at the gym was that I went way too long without eating and had no food prepared at home. This meant that I had to go to the grocery store and cook on an empty stomach - not smart...I made the most of my cardio and will attempt a light full body workout and practice my posing in the studio later tonight.

Tomorrow is my last day to workout and all that's on the agenda is an hour of cardio. Easy, but I swear I am going to go through workout or gym withdrawal. It's a good thing I have a busy day tomorrow and Friday between work, final contest prep and Remembrance Day. But as I continue to say, I have to enjoy and take in each day and make the most of it. Every time I close my eyes I visualize Saturday and being on stage and how it will all be over I find myself really sad as the dream comes to an end. Competing is very important to me and maybe I will have to continue to find a way to be involved in it.

Today I thought I was cooking my final batch of food for the next 4 days but 3 flat of chicken later, I am still short food which means another trip to Save-On for chicken and fish. I have more than enough asparagus and yams (for Saturday) but I need to have everything cooked by tomorrow night because Friday is all about the tan. I tried a new product this time called ProTan and it goes on so nice and smooth. I am going to do three coats on Friday and hopefully be dark enough. I would totally recommend this product if you are going to a wedding or party and want a little bit of color. It works like a gem.

Friday night is our athletes meeting and that's when we get measured and sorted into height classes, competitor packages, numbers, directions for Saturday etc. It will be fun to see the girls from the BBB team and all the other competitors. Over 160 competitors and 1100 spectators! Even though you are carb depleted and water depleted, you have to make the best of it and that's where the hype of the athlete meeting helps.

Speaking of depletion, I'm not sure what's worst. The lack of carbs or the lack of water. I think the carb depletion has been hard the last 3 days because that is when you need your energy because you are still in the gym trying to pump out your final workouts. Water depletion makes your lips all dry and you feel like a camel in the middle of the dessert. Its not a pretty week. On Thursday I am only allowed 500 ML of water and 250 ML of water on Friday and nothing Saturday morning. This includes coffee and tea. You are only allowed the about amounts of distilled water. Yuck! The good news is that tomorrow is my last workout and then I get to relax a little because there is really nothing else I can do. Like I've said before, this isn't something you can cram for.

So here is to chugging as much water as humanly possible today because I hit the dessert tomorrow for a few days of water depletion. Happy Hump Day everyone.

Nic out!

xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment