Tuesday, August 16, 2011

Season 2 - Journey to Sandra 2011

Well, it's Season 2 of my journey which is slowly turning into a lifestyle. I have a little bit of an a competitive personality and I like to challenge myself and I really enjoying training and eating clean. The most important thing almost my journey is challenging and motivating others. I have received so many amazing letters about people that have read my blog and decided to take a boot camp or walk at lunch or even pack snacks instead of hitting the vending machine. For all of you who have made changes and decided to lead a healthier lifestyle I applaud you.

I'd really like to take the opportunity to say how proud I am of my parents. I use to bug my parents, especially my dad, about being healthier and not eating certain things but when work got busy and I wasn't home as much I eventually realized that I had no control over their actions. My nagging also started to put a little tension on our relationship as I would get so frustrated in their unhealthy ways but realized that I could shake my finger at them all I wanted but in the end they would be the ones who would have to make the change.

Since January, my parents have joined the gym and attend boot camp and spin classes 4 times a week. In addition, they go to nutritional seminars and bought an elliptical. There is no junk food in the house and my dad is even ready books on nutrition! I am so proud of them and I realized that it all started when I left them alone. This just goes to show that if people are willing and have the determination they will make strides to their own goals in their own time. They have both started to loose weight and its great to see them more active! Way to go P-Units!

Yesterday I had a BBQ at my house and it was so nice to spend some QT (quality time) with my gf's. When I only have a few days back it's very important that I slip in some girl time amongst the million things I have on my to-do list. I realized how fast my friends and I are growing up and that we are seriously adults. Age has never been something I paid attention to or put my life on a timeline, but I can't help but think about meeting a nice boy and maybe going out...With all the travelling I do, it makes it hard to date never mind meeting people. I know that everything happens for a reason but sometimes I do think about it even though I want a lot of other things as well which require a lot of my time and effort but its about priority and time management and when it's meant to be, I don't think I'll have any excuses.

In addition to a great BBQ, I met my trainer Leigh today and she is super nice! I can't wait to start training and meal plan for my upcoming competitions. I'm feeling really good about everything and know what I need to do. I also went on a cleaning spree today and vacuumed my car and apartment which was long overdue. The aphids are gone Ali-M, just in case you were wondering. I got a lot accomplished yesterday but I hardly put a dent in my to-do list. Today is going to be a long day so I packed it in at 10 last night so I could be well rested and up early to tackle the rest of my to do list which includes work orders, expenses, food prep, packing, laundry...yada yada yada *(Senfield reference) I'm also going to be starting a video blog on my own YouTube channel so stay tuned for that and lots of other exciting things in the next few months!

 Here's to a productive Tuesday before I'm back on the road Jack!

What are you TT (Training Tuesday)?

Yours in health and fitness,

Nic xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment