Thursday, August 11, 2011

Save the Date - November 12th 2011

It was just a month ago that I was in Calgary for the Stampede and now I’m back for a few days to do some training with the Bay and next week ill be in Saskatchewan and Toronto. Over the past few weeks I’ve travelled just about everywhere on the west coast for work and can’t wait for October to come so that I can have some well deserved down time. Life on the road is a little tiring but I am meeting a lot of great people and trying to stay positive.
The next few weeks are going to be challenging as I will begin training for my next competition along with being on the road. There have been a few changes over the last month which involves me no longer training with David. David was a big part of my life and it’s going to be weird doing this next competition without him but I have joined a team, Body By Brandt. Body By Brandt is lead by Leigh and Dean Brandt who are heavily involved in the BB industry and will be the ones designing my weight and nutrition programs, leading posing practice and be a great form of support. The best part is that it’s a team of girls training together and I am really looking forward to it. My friend Natalie is a great person for support and a great friend to have as well.
The thing I am looking forward to the most is getting back into a routine. I couldn’t have said that a few weeks ago as I needed the break from my meal plan and training. I love the lifestyle but it’s important to take a break and I’ve done that and taken the time that I needed and can actually get excited and ready to compete again. My next competition is 12 weeks from now in New Westminster on November 12th so mark it on your calendar peeps. In addition to the Sandra Wickham I will be flying to Vegas November 18th for the Fitness Universe competition.
On Monday, I will be meeting Leigh for the first time and I have nervous butterflies in my stomach because it’s all new. The butterflies are a good exciting kind and I’m just anxious to start my program. I’m also a little nervous in a bad way because with all the time I’ve spent on the road it’s been hard to find time to be in the gym when I am spending so much of the time driving in the car. I was supposed to be maintaining a weight of 130 and I’m a little over that right now which just means I’ll really have to be on my A game over the next 12 weeks which I know I can do. I’m not worried because I know what I need to do to get my body to where I want it to be.  I definitely trust my coaches and I know that they will get me ready for competition.
Next week I’ll be flying to Regina to open a new Skechers store and then to Toronto for the weekend for the Canfitpro Show which is really exciting because that is the organization that I am doing my personal training certification with and I’m going to get to meet Tosca Reno! Amazing!!! I can hardly wait and you can expect a long blog about that. She is so inspiring and that will definitely be a great kick off to my fall season of training. I’m going to take a picture with her and post it on my new motivational wall that I will be working on. My last wall included photos of people I look up to like Jennifer Andrews, Heather Robertson, Natalie Waples, Tosca Reno and motivational quotes. It really helped keep me on track for my last competition along with my count down board. Just talking about it is pumping me up!
Even though being on the road is a little tough after a few weeks, I am really happy doing what i’m doing and couldn’t picture myself being anywhere else or doing anything else at this point in my life. I truly believe that even in the darkest times, everything happens for a reason.
I am excited to be making it home for my sisters 24th birthday on Saturday and I’ll be in a first aid class all day on Sunday which puts me one step closer to reaching my goal of becoming a personal trainer in addition to my current role with Skechers. My goal was to have everything wrapped up by the end of July but life happens sometimes and things change. This doesn’t mean I’ve stopped working at it, I’ve just had to adjust my GP (game plan) a little bit. I’m hopefully going to be doing small group sessions starting at the end of September and if you think you’d like towards a goal and want my help, send me an email miss.nicole.wilson@gmail .com or a Facebook message. If you have a goal or a question, I’d love to help you achieve it!
Also, I promise to get back to writing at least 5 times a week. Now you have it in writing. Even if it’s only a few paragraphs...I’ll make sure to blog something.
That’s all for now! Yours in health and fitness,

Nic

No comments:

Post a Comment