Monday, July 18, 2011

Needs a workout with a side of sleep....

Must..work...out
It feels like I haven’t worked out in forever even though I’ve constantly been on my feet since last Tuesday, 12 plus hours a day. I brought all my stuff to workout but when the day was done and we didn’t get back to the hotel until midnight, the thought of getting up any earlier to workout was the last thing on my mind. The overall trip was good. I experience my first rodeo and I can’t wait to go back next year. Our sales were a little soft for the amount of energy we put into talking to the people who came by.
Last night was a long day/night. We were there early in the morning and didn’t take much of a break because we were running around the city trying to find boxes to pack up all the extra shoes we didn’t sell. Needless to say we didn’t get back to our hotel until 2 am and then I had to pack so that I could get up to try and get on the 7 am flight. When you are looking at a clock that reads 2:45 AM and are about to set it to 4:45 am, this is not fun. My head hit the pillow and the next thing I knew, my alarm was going off and it was time to do some last minute packing and head to the airport. I called WestJet to see if I could do an “Early Show” but the 7 am was full but I figure since I was up and ready to go that I would try to make the 8 am and I did! Woot woot.
I need to get home so that I can start unpacking and re-packing so that I can leave on the first ferry tomorrow morning for my trip to the island. I’ll be busy meeting with accounts and merchandising some stores and running with some running stores to try and get some new accounts. I am most excited about the running accounts. I have two set up! Hopefully everything goes as planned and that is why it’s nice to be getting home 2.5 hours earlier. The next few weeks are super hectic but I can only take one day at a time and finding time to work out right now seems like an impossible task. Now that I am solo on the road and on my own schedule it’s a little easier to make time to squeeze in a workout early in the morning or later at night.  I won’t have time to pre-cook any chicken unless I do it later tonight but I feel confident that I have lots of healthy choices J
I was feeling kind of crappy about not having time...well, being too tired actually to hit the gym until I read an article that says it takes twice as long to loose muscle as it does to gain muscle. This makes me one happy camper because I love lifting heavy weights and need to get back to the OVAL! Stat! Things won’t really settle until mid-August and then things pick up again the last week of August when it’s that time of the year again – Shoe Selling Season. I have the Vancouver Show, the Saskatchewan Show and the Edmonton Show which is almost 3 weeks on the road and then it’s time to start prepping for the Sandra Wickam classic that will take place in New Westminster.
My plane is loading shortly and I am going to sleep little baby and snore like an old man and I need to finish my Starbucks perfect oatmeal.
Have a great day everyone, yours in Health and Fitness (minus the deep fried pop tart)
Nic xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment