Sunday, July 24, 2011

My pants are getting tighter....F#$@

O
kay, so I understand that I haven’t been to the gym for 2 plus weeks because I have been working 24/7 but that is still no excuse. I went to put on my “skinny shorts” that I’ve kept for five years and finally fit into again. Actually, I not only fit into them but I was swimming in them. I went to put them on for the first time today and they were...a little snug to say the least. This lit a maybe fire under my ass and so did my scale when I weighed myself and I am not within my maintenance weight.  My game plan is implace as of this moment and I am dead serious that these shorts are going to be a little loose again ASAP!  I am going to be in Vegas in a swimsuit in 10 sleeps but will spend the majority of that time on the road.
Here is my game plan. Stick meal plan, cardio at least 6 times a week (35 minutes) and weights at least 4 times a week. I don’t want to over do it because my training will kick in again on August 15th for my November competition. I am glad this all happened today as I am ready to get back into training mode and have enjoyed some time off and to end my off season, I figure a trip to Vegas will kill my body and definitely put my mind and body back into permanent “go time.”
Being on the road the last two plus weeks has been okay. I was so prepared for Calgary but still I decided to divulge in some treats like any normal person would and when I go out with my friends or family I enjoy ordering a glass of wine and a burger but I really want to commit to make a healthy lifestyle a part of a permanent lifestyle, especially if I want to be a leader or motivation to others.
I have had so many people tell me how I have motivated them to work out or eat healthier and sometimes I feel like a fake. I do enjoy treats within moderation and I was so stick and hard on myself during my last contest prep that it got obsessive to a point where I would binge on food to a point where I would almost make myself sick. I mentioned before that a lot of women end up with eating disorders or self image issues after competing and most people, people that don’t compete, don’t understand the strain that this lifestyle can inflict unless you can find a happy medium and that is my goal for this next competition in November; finding balance.
Begin a fake or a fhonie is not something I want to be for others. I want to inspire others to create and reach their fitness and healthy lifestyle goals and to do this, I need to lead by example 100% of the time, not just when I am in the presence of others. My friend Jessica and I were talking about this with her mom as she had come over to watch my WBFF competition in Vancouver and said how much she was looking forward to the visit because she knew I was super healthy and was shocked when we went to the White Spot the night of the competition and I ordered a burger and friends and devoured it. This really got me thinking to all the wonderful and supportive messages I have gotten from all of you and how they made me feel and I realize that those messages meant the world to me and kept me going when i was have a rough go.
If I want to be a good competitor and lead by example I need to do as I say and not just preach about it. There are options and there always is time. When I was away I read an article about a 50 year old, ultra trail runner who is a mother of 4 and is a full time teacher. She, Anita Oritz, gets up everyday at 3 am to run, leads running groups, works out 3 times a day and works a full time job = inspiration. Looking at my calendar is sometimes daunting because being out of my element and constantly being out of a routine is difficult but if she can do it, so can I. Well, to my own version of her nutty but super inspirations schedule and lifestyle. If I want to make the best out of the situation and be positive I can make routine out of being not in routine. I can find gyms that open early or are open 24 hours a day. I can pack my cooler and make healthy food choices. All the tools I need to succeed I have in my tool kit, I just need to have the will power, motivation and drive to use them.
I can only do so much so I will just take things one day at a time, one meal at a time and one workout at a time. I will succeed!
Here’s to a new start.
Yours in health and fitness,
Nic xox

No comments:

Post a Comment