Monday, May 30, 2011

What a weekend..Personal Training exam - passed and Fitness Competition - check!

Well, it’s all over and I have mixed emotions about everything. Competing was an amazing experience and I met so many wonderful people and had a blast! Yes, I am a little disappointed about not winning, but deep down that wasn’t the end goal for me. My goal to compete was accomplished. Like Paul Dillett said, its all about having fun and that's exactly what I did and I feel great about everything, especially myself. Confidence is something I’ve always struggled with and it’s a hard thing to be all the time. But confidence is sexy and I am so happy to have it back!
We all have our insecurities whether people understand them or look at us if we are crazy but they are just that, ours. This whole process has taught me so much about myself and that with a little drive, motivation and a lot of determination anything is possible. I pushed my body to the max for the past 24 weeks and I am so proud of how hard I trained and stuck to my meal plan. Being on stage last night was a rush like nothing else.
After staying up all night Saturday with my friend Jessica, who came over from Victoria to watch, talking about the WBFF (World Bodybuilding Fitness Federation) and whether I wanted to compete again and if this type of lifestyle would be maintainable for me over another few years and it really got my thinking. Is think something I want to make my lifestyle?
I have made a lot of sacrifices over the last few months and have been focused 100% of my efforts outside of work on training and gave up a lot of time with friends and family to be in the gym or prepping food, etc.  My passion is really about health and fitness and I loved being on stage and meeting all the girls but now I think that this has really engraved that I want to help others pursue their fitness goals whether it be to run 5K, build muscle or just feel better on the inside. I was overwhelmed by the sweet messages and notes of encouragement from friends, strangers and blog followers that has really got me thinking about how I can help others.
The blog started off as a way for me to talk about this journey but has become so much more than that. My journey isn’t over yet. Toronto is just a few weeks away and after a day of rest, its back to the gym on Tuesday. The competition in Toronto is with a different organization and I am purely going to compete in Oxygen Magazine’s model search and I am pumped. I am going to work even harder over the next few weeks to get tighter and a little leaner. Don’t worry, my White Spot binge carried over until Sunday night. I was going to go into details but it made me sick just rehashing it. Lesson learned....
On Sunday morning, Jess and I got up and enjoyed the continental breakfast at the hotel where I had a waffle drowned in syrup and mashed bananas. In the last 12 hours I’ve probably had an entire container of peanut butter. No joke. After breakfast we went to Granville Island and then to Kits beach where we spent lots of time walking and talking and it felt so good to visit with her. After I dropped her off at the ferry I went home where my dad and sister were preparing my mom’s birthday dinner. It smelt sooooo good and the best part was I could eat it!
I had another shower last night trying to get the complete tan off but I’m still looking a little orange to say the least. When I got up this morning it looked like a bomb had gone off in my room as I am still unpacking and doing laundry but trying to get some work done at the same time. I was so lost when I got up this morning and didn’t really want to eat anything because I didn’t know what to eat. Tomorrow its back to my egg white, oatmeal pancakes which means I need to do a big grocery trip today at some point. Tonight Natalie, myself and our crew of trainers and friends are going out for a celebration dinner which will be really nice.
Anyways, I had a great time and learned a lot and being back stage was so much fun and I will remember my first fitness competition forever. I will continue to learn and grow and hopefully help others on a mission to achieve their health and fitness goals. One day at a time. Toronto, get ready because I am going to be extra ready! Next stop, Oxygen Magazine and more fun times J
Oh, and I may not have placed this weekend but I found out that I passed the written part of my personal trainer exam and now all I have to complete is my first aid and practical and I will be a certified trainer! What a bonus.
I hope you all had a great weekend and thank you again for all your support. Keep following for more about my personal training and journey to Toronto.
Xoxo
Nicole
Eat. Sleep. Repeat until tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment