Wednesday, April 6, 2011

I'm back....guns a blazing!

Even though I’m still not 100% and severely stubborn, I needed to get back into the gym. Today was my first day back and I was debating whether I should go swimming or do some easy cardio and I opted for the gym. I’m going to swim in the am tomorrow morning with all the seniors. Everyone knows how much I love old people.
Today I took it easy and did 20 minutes on the elliptical and 20 minutes on the seated bike. I tried to keep it low key and not over do it because I really want to give my body a few more days to rest. Tomorrow I will be back in the gym with David and we will be doing metabolic stuff which will be fine because he is fully aware of what happened and we will tone down the weight and/ number or reps. I think since its supervised I will be okay.  
I can’t tell you how good it felt to break a sweat today and while I was stretching I got those anxious butterflies in my stomach and I couldn’t wait to get back into my old routine. It might have also had to do with the major adrenaline rust still pumping through my veins from the night before.
Last night I went to the shooting range in Port Moody. I have always been nervous around guns but after I was given the proper instructions and fired that first bullet, I was hooked. Every shot I fired was an adrenaline rush. I have a pretty deadly shot. Here’s proof....
Anyways, as I finished my cardio and was on the mat stretching, I couldn’t help but mentally start picturing myself back in the gym cranking out a serious cardio sessions. That moment is engraved in my brain and I don’t want to forget how I felt in that moment because I know that the next few weeks are crucial and it will be a long road ahead. In my head I was thinking, I’m back and a force to be reckoned with! Maybe this short break was exactly what I needed to rev up my training again and now is GWR.
Gym. Work. Rest.
Today is also my dad’s 60th birthday and we are going out to Las Margaritas, an amazing Mexican restaurant and I was so disappointed because I knew I wasn’t going to be able to order anything because I am 51 days out from competition. The only thing I was going to be able to order was a plain salad. This totally by choice, not to make it sound like I am complaining 100%, just a little sad I couldn’t enjoy a meal. Then my coach, Nat, called and we were chatting about how I was feeling and I told her about going out for dinner and that I was disappointed I couldn’t have anything and she told me the best news ever....to have a small cheat meal! I was super excited. She just told me not to go crazy and avoid anything deep fried, which was fine as long as I could order something. I didn’t want to order anything too extreme anyways considering I haven’t been training in the last few days. I emailed my mom the news and her response...
[That is fantastic. Excellent. Will you be drinking? If not, you can be our DD. LMK OK? Thanks, mom.]
Got to love my supportive family! Anyways, things have been going well in hindsight to everything that has happened. But it all happens for a reason.

And don’t you worry, you can bet money that there will be a nice picture tomorrow of my dinner. I am going to enjoy every last bite!

Happy 60th Birthday Dad! Love you bunches of oats!

Eat. Train/Rest. Sleep. Repeat.

Nic

No comments:

Post a Comment