Tuesday, March 22, 2011

Wanted: Cardio buddy...

My new program includes cardio 5 days a week...it doesn't seem like a lot but when you mix in 4 days of weights, work, food prep and a life, time management is key. I know everyone wishes there were more hours in a day but the bad news is even though the days wouls be longer, you'd still manage to pack them soild. So amongst all these hours, finding time to allow your muscles to rest is very important. Oh, and did I mention sleep? Sleep is really important along with rest because it allows your muscles to recover so you can destroy them again the next day....?!
Last night was girls night and a very relaxing one at that. Just what I needed. Erin and I made popcorn (no salt or butter) = yes boring I know, but a treat none the less. We watched 127 hours and if you have a bad gag reflex like me I would avoid watching it with anyone you're trying to impress. It was a great watch though. I would definitely recommend it!
Today David and I trained legs and shoulders and it will be interesting to see if I can move my arms tomorrow considering I could hardly dress myself yesterday or the day before from my work out with Natalie on Saturday. I find it amazing how you can train your body to do so many amazing things with just a little bit of effort. Of course as I've been told time and time again 80% of it is diet.
Over the past 10 weeks I have been eating clean which basically means skipping the centre of the grocery store, minus the magazine isle. It focusses on eating foods that aren't processed and low in sodium. My new favorite secret seasoning is Mrs. Dash. It is a salt free seasoning and it is delicious! My mom comes home and tells me how good the house smells when ever I put it on chicken or in a stir fry.
To give you the inside scoop on what I eat for breakfast since I know you're all dying to know is 1 cup of egg whites and 1/2 cup of oatmeal. Yum, right?! My mom says that my scambled egg whites look like popcorn and it does. I really need to invest ina non-stick pan. I tried to mix it up a bit and have gotten into adding hot sauce to my egg white to spice things up a bit. Literally. My mouth was on fire today...Note to self: tone down the hot sauce! Anyways, I am going to go and hit the gym and get my cardio done-so, so I can relax-o! Meeting Christa, fellow competitor at the Richmond Olympic Oval.  I also have to get out of the house because my mom just made popcorn and it smells amazing!  Yes, I am obsessed with popcorn and pie...ask anyone

Here's to a great Tuesday night at the gym! The sun is out so at least I will enjoy a good sunset : )

Eat. Train. Sleep. Repeat.

Nicole

1 comment: