Wednesday, March 30, 2011

No more Cheat MEALS! What the $(%)##_@+#)$(%($)#_# WHAT?!

So today I was training with David and we were talking about my goals for the upcoming competitions. David is my new trainer, in case you were wondering. He's awesome and we have a really great dialogue and finding a trainer that you click with is sooooooo important. Holla.
My last trainer was really good and there was nothing was wrong with him. He is an incredible trainer/guy but we didn't have that click that you need to have because that relationship you have with your trainer is very personal. PS. writing that email to my old trainer was the more uncomfortable thing considering he owns the gym but it had to be done and he was very understanding.
Hmmmm so here’s a little about my new trainer David. He has a very bubbly personality, is very hands on and pushes me to lift more weight which is awesome. He is really encouraging and has tonnes of experience. We have great chemistry and I am super happy that we will be training together for the next few weeks.
(PS, this picture is of me day dreaming about my cheat meal....)
Anyhow, onto the crappiest news ever! I told him about my cheat meal Saturday and was about to tell him what I had planned next and he looked at me and said, cheat meal?! There won't be anymore of those. $(*#)_#@$%)$ WHAT?! Were the thoughts that went through my head! I am still 9 weeks out! Ballick! So that’s it for me. No more dreaming about hamburgers or pie, lattes or bottles...glasses of wine. I guess that 9 weeks isn't really that much time.
Its funny when I hear myself talk about being X number of weeks out. It's like the opposite for pregnant women. How far along are you....oh 16 weeks. They still have 5 more months of being sick, not being able to sleep comfortably...etc. Yes, one day I realize that I will be that lady at 16 weeks, but right now I am super happy to be 9 weeks out and counting down! The thing is when I get to my 2 weeks out from the BC Championships, once that is over, I will be 3 weeks out from Toronto and once that is over I will be 13 days out from the Alberta Championships in Calgary, which means.....I will be spending 8 weeks doing contest prep.
David, whether you like it or not, I will need an itsy bitsy cheat meal in May, June and then go hard in July....how does that sound?! We can have steak and red wine, okay?
I know and understand you are just looking out for me considering I will be in a swimsuit-ish, if you can call it that, on stage in front of a lot of people, I appreciate you looking out for me. The thing that I have to remember is that Natalie won't be at my first competition because she will be in the first of three back to back shows she has. The cool thing is I will be able to watch her compete in Toronto because we will be at the same show. I can't wait to see her do her thing! She is amazing. Check out her web page, http://www.nataliewaplesfitness.com/.
Anyways, I guess I will have to accept the fact that I will be drinking plain water and not have any more soy lattes for.....at least 9 weeks. That’s only 63 days, right?!

So here's to the next 63 days of caffeine free green tea and plain water. Cheers!

Eat. Train. Sleep. Repeat!

Nicole

No comments:

Post a Comment